Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Couch-Potato Generation

Photobucket
Source: The Kaiser Family Foundation

A Kaiser Family Foundation study found that U.S. kids ages 8 to 18 are consuming more media than ever before. According to the survey, children and teens are now using their phones, computers, TVs and video-game systems for a total of 7.5 hours a day, or 52.5 hours a week. (The authors explain that multitasking and dual-use devices--like cell phones that play video--push those figures even higher.) In the past decade, music listening has increased the most, up nearly an hour per day. The only leisure activity that has become less popular is reading.

I was reading the February 1 TIME issue and saw this small article about us, literally. (Well, at least I was reading something.) And just some thoughts for some little sharing from the very insignificant me- You can't blame us right? If John Logie Baird did not invent the pervasive technology -TV- back then, will we still be in such dire situation? Well, hard to say, cause some other genius in the world will eventually come up with something similar that will either make or break future generations. So I suppose technological improvements are inevitable. Alright, the point is, we do not deserve the couch-potato title. How about the tech-savvy generation? (See, as I'm typing here, this is exactly what I mean about being tech-savvy.) Haha.


I shall abruptly stop my sudden need to voice out Justice (HAHA as if) here and post something decent. When I say decent, it means my blogging of the everyday life. So yeah, got 2 days MC from the doctor. I don't know whether or not I'm getting better. Having occasional head-piercing headaches sucks ttm. All of the sudden, I feel so segregated from the rest of the world, especially school. There is definitely huge-ass work for me to catch up when I go back. =S

As quoted from Kit Yee, "Your immune system so NOOB."
True.

And from Shermain, "Every time you fall sick, it's so 夸张 (Exaggerating) one leh..."

Till then.

No comments: