Sunday, April 19, 2009

Absolutely wonderful, from the inside.

Susan Boyle @ Britains Got Talent 2009.



Susan Boyle on Britains Got Talent 2009!! Incredible Voice!! @ Yahoo! Video

Truly amazing. Strong vocals she has.
While Daddy was sending me to school one day, playing Gold 90.0Fm in the car and that was when I heard about Susan Boyle, one strong lady. She's still single, living in a small part of a town in Britain and her biggest dream is to sing in front of an audience. And for that, her dream has come true.


Sometimes I wonder, what am I doing here. Mugging the hell out, paper-chasing, fulfilling my materialistic mindset etc. 'Live life to the fullest', so this is what it meant, no?
I feel frustrated for not meeting targets and expectations often, I'm still not sure what I want to achieve in life because there's simply too much things to ponder on.


'What am I doing now?' I have to constantly think about. 'What do I have to do next?'


Boyle's life is simple yet she lives contentedly. Just one performance, she's now well-known internationally. If you watched the video, after performing, Boyle just walked off before the judges/hosts stopped her from doing so. Now, does she really care what the results will be?


Syf, to be honest, we're not doing any better. All of us have to give ourselves a pinch on our hand; a wake-up call. "Gold band, Gold band, Gold band... Achieve it!"
After all, it's the results that everyone cares. Who will bother how hard you work hard? Who will bother how much air you breathed in just to play that whole set of running notes? Who will bother how much time you've wasted? No one!
However, on the other hand, people says "It's not about the end product, what matters is the process that you've went through." Life is full of contradictory.

I was seriously touched when I saw this video. Looking at how cynical everyone was before she performed and then the surprised look on the judges makes me realise how people in life stereotype others and how critical we can be to people. This video made me tear, ok, I concede that I tear easily when watching shows (E.g. Oprah Winfrey Shows) but this is totally different!

For that, I salute you, Susan Boyles.

No comments: