Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"In times of adversity."











Yesterday had Junior Band as usual in the morning. Sectionals wasn't quite effective for some sections, no improvement. And for the first time, Mr Pan reprimanded the juniors harshly due to some reasons. Afterall, it was the senior's fault so after jb practice was over, I called for all seniors and gave them a hell good scolding, couldn't control my tears too. I hope you guys understand why.

After lunch, the Main Band rehearsed on 'The Incredibles' for the performance later on that day. Everyone got extremely excited when the Casuarina Band Members arrived. They were absolutely cute, aren't they?! Had full band with them on a few pieces grading from 1-1.5. Then, we were dispersed for sectionals. I just recovered from my surgery so therefore, wouldn't be able to play my clarinet. I went around taking photos like nobody's biz. Those small kids playing their instruments really fascinated me, some were really cute when playing! Mr Pan decided to have some games last minute so we went to the quadrangle. At first, we played 'Broken Telephone' but I guess the Casuarina bandits didn't understand and found it too boring so the game ended in a few minutes. They suggested playing 'Catching' but we ended up playing 'Engle & the little chicks' as shown in the photos above. I really had a great time interacting with them especially Immanuel and few others!

Went back to the bandroom for full band again and the kids were kind of reluctant as they insisted on playing 'Catching'. But to their dismay, Mr Goh really wants full band.
Soon, it was time for their departure. It's just 1day but I'm already missing them, hope they will come again during the December holidays! Oh yes, I was really exhausted and worn out after the long day that I just fell asleep when watching CSS2.

I hope this post is long enough to pay back my loyal readers. =D

No comments: