Monday, June 15, 2009

The Kukup Trip (1)

It was awesome, the trip.
We, or to be exact the kids of our time, really get to experience the kampong life and our parents would repeat again and again saying, "See! Let you all experience this... last time ah..."

There were quite a few uneventful sights as well, needless to say. Like how we live without a sewage system. & the best part is, I always felt like shitting for that 2 days. So, I apologise. Haha!

Anyway, I'll describe about the trip more as I go along. Enjoy the photos cause I totally enjoyed taking those awesome photos! Very proud of myself.


Elder sister's Mr Grumpy. She call it Mr Happy though.
She brought it along with her to Kukup for don't know what.


Funshine with her Mr Happy. Mine is always chained on my bag, so...


Elder sister. Good natural lighting.


Hehe, so proud of myself.








I can't help but emphasize that she looks like a poodle dog sometimes.
Haha. =/


We've reached!








Click on it for a clearer and larger view.










It's really very similar to Pulau Ubin except that Kukup is way better.


So we took a ferry over to our place. Stopped at our personal jetty.


The boats are labelled and the owners have really cool name like Ah Meng, Ah Lan etc.
Lmao!


Wa, freaking long arms.






Bro can't stop eating chewing gums!










Trying to at gangster-like.












The mangrove swamp surrounding us.




Our place. Very home feel.




Our place has the best view, I tell you!


Younger sister.


Buying some local products. They will come when you call for them. Call as in use a phone to call.












This is childhood man.


You know, the one you throw on the floor and makes a 'piak' sound?


Dad bought durians and I'm so addicted to it after the trip. I don't really like it initially.










Dad trying to force open the durian.










I look tall with them hor?
But super small with Jane and gang. HA!


Mudskippers fighting.










I love this!










They have a newly-built temple there.


Oh... very proud of myself yet again. Hahaha.
I asked mum whether this photo is nice or not.
She then pointed out, "But in front of the temple...a bit not right ah."
Lmao!






Not nice. Haha. =/




NICE?! I practically instructed her what to do and all and she claimed she is Singapore's Next Top Model. -.- But I concede she did a good job.




Our bbq dinner.


The family who owns this house.
I felt rather guilty of myself when I saw those small kids helping out their family etc.
Enthusiastically some more.




There was a black out around evening time before the sun sets, fortunately.
At the beginning of our bbq dinner, we were still surviving without lights and all electrical appliances until it reached at point when people started taking our their phones for some light.

So I randomly tried to snap a photo with flash to give them one second of brightness. Haha.
Who knows the next moment, the electricity came back. Haha, must be me...

Then, it's time for some fireworks!



Everyone was so excited!


All the itchy fingers.






I actually have some videos of the fireworks, will upload later.


My neighbours giving it a try.
One of them is my Primary school classmate but hahah, I forgot his name so I didn't really much talk to him until dinner time when he initiated a convo. He lives just above my house some more.
Jialat...











The day came to an end and lights out.

Oh by the way, this trip was organised by our RC (Zone 3) so you can expect the people who went are all our neighbours.

Stay tuned for part 2 ya!

No comments: