Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Made of Gold, with Honours.

It's all worth while.


From all our dark baggy eye bags to our red swollen thumbs, it's all worth it.
All worth it... ...

We're not a group of talented bandsmen, but definitely sure, we're a hardworking band.
Every single one of us come from different background (Although most of them are rich kids) but we still come as one to enjoy music. Oh crap, what am I talking about?

Anyway, we've come a long way. No words can describe how I felt the moment we hear, "Band number 5, Catholic Junior College. Gold... (pauses for awhile)...with honours."
And then the next moment, all I could hear were cheers that deafened my ear. I starting crying, tears of joy just trickled down my cheeks, exactly the same as how I got to realised I'd got B3 for my English. Before the release of results, we were quite down for some reasons after listening to other bands which we still think they deserve better than a Sliver/ Gold. It was an unprecedented moment, really.

Man, everyone was hugging each other, squeezing the other's hand, screaming in our hearts (Being sensitive here) etc. All our long hours of practices, all the way till 9+pm, were worthwhile. Everything that was done, were worth it.

Nevertheless, the most important person that kept the band spirit alive is none other than Sir Alvin. I seriously think he's a super good conductor, at the age of 28, with his own unique style of music. Really appreciate what he has sacrificed for us; the sleepless nights just to complete our intonation chart for every single bar, listening to our recordings and making adjustments.
One cool conductor he is!



I still remembered vividly that the band was in a risk (as stated from previous posts) and how demoralised everyone was. Hmm, maybe CJ does create miracles? Haha. Or was it because of Brother's prayer? Haha.

Omg, I still cannot believe this.
Gold with Honours. *Grins widely, like Brother Paul*

Really proud to be a CJ-cian. <3

*More photos to be uploaded next time.*

Till then.

No comments: